You are now on the highway to Gracy’s world -my blog! If you venture to take a peek @ it ,I’d like some form of notification that tells me you have visited.That brings us to the object of discussion:Comments.
The best part of blogging is receiving comments. Not only does it provide instant feedback that someone has actually read what I have written, but it provides an opportunity to listen to and learn from the views of others. Through comments, we can have our views challenged, supported or augmented. Comments are indeed where the conversation really happens.So, I want to receive as many comments as possible.
I wanna have the count of my readership and therefore this will be the comment policy.Fail to defy it : I’ll spam your site (this isn’t possible,i know -cos i wont have a clue about tat):P
The 3 Laws of comments:(fabricated by me o’course)
If you have taken the effort to visit this page,then you must leave a message
If you have nothing to appreciate about the topic,you have full freedom to depreciate it – After all its a free country ! 🙂
You can comment about other comments,if it contributes to the conversation
Comment Policy :
Now that you’re here and wondering, it’s high time we get down to the nitty gritty on what is an acceptable comment.Consider this my official comment policy.
- Keep comments on topic
- Signatures allowed
- Real name or Nick name usage is preferred
- External linking – ok, if they are relevant to the original post and your comment. Simply linking to your own site will be frowned upon.
- Profanity – Its PG13 here. Moderate language is allowed, but I reserve the right to edit out anything offensive.
- Editor’s right – While I encourage comments that challenge or offer constructed criticism, we reserve the right to edit or remove any post, for any reason.
I appreciate the readers and thank you for adding to the discussion.If you need any help ,on how to leave comments,you might as well go here
The following is an excerpt of something somebody compiled + what I’ve got to retaliate to that.
10 Reasons Readers Don’t Leave Comments
1. What you write is so complete, that I don’t know what to say except good job. I feel silly writing that, so I read and move on.
Gracy says: a simple kudos might make my day,you know! *battling eyelashes*
2. You’ve taught me something I didn’t know, and I need to think about it before I even have a question. Much like number 1, I don’t want to embarrass myself. I’m better off moving on.
Gracy says: Stay put !
3. I get ready to type a comment, but I notice you only respond to a few friends who mostly share inside jokes. I won’t take the risk of being overlooked in public.
Gracy says: Now,that is something that isn’t synonymous with me.I’d be more than happy to convo with people
4. The folks who comment on your posts like to argue and I don’t. I’m not sure I’m brave enough to fight my way into the crowd.
Gracy says : With a little help from those on your side,you just might get braver!
5. You rarely respond to comments. So, there’s no point in writing one.
Gracy says : oh, Am I ? *raised eyebrows*
6. Your blog has geeky attitude and I’m not geeky enough to keep up..
Gracy says: ROFL.The last thing that was geeky about my blog was ….Sorry, Can’t remember!
7. I really like your blog and your post, but I’m too tired, busy, or any one of a number things that you can’t control. I’ll comment the next I come back to read.
Gracy says: Sure thing,Anytime,as long as it happens.
8. You end your posts with a giant general question like “What do you think of the Big Bang Theory?” That question is such a big one. I don’t have time to answer it. I feel strange answering with a lesser comment.
Gracy says: :O
9. You put up a fence by making me login to comment. I have too many passwords already and I don’t know you well enough to add one to my list.
Gracy says: FYI, This blog allows anonymous bloggers too.But comments non-complying with the laws will be deleted.
10. Your content wasn’t fresh and exciting, and I couldn’t find anything YOU inside it. It seemed the same post that I’ve read on 10 other blogs. If I commented, I would have to tell you that.
Gracy says:No problemo,I’ll risk my reputation.Its a lesson-bitter or sweet,I’m gutted!
PLUS ONE: Your post was negative. Negative is scary. Most folks don’t like negative stuff, because they know they could be next to be the recipient. I don’t comment, because I don’t want to be part of it.
Gracy says: *nothing!*
This is for those silent readers of the blog:whats in it for you?? READ THIS to find out !